Ep.18 – Students' thoughts: views from mathematics and economics
In this episode, Josh and Sam reflect on how moving digital will better prepare students for life in the workplace which they feel is becoming more digital. The two study economics and mathematics, and economics respectively.
We touch upon a few themes in this episode:
- reflections of learning online during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- the importance of bite-sized elements of learning;
- setting up and scaffolding learning;
- taking into account students' shared lives at home;
- being mindful of where students may be learning;
- maintaining the flow of information to lessen potential cognitive overload;
- blended learning as an option for having 1 hour lectures.
Support Digital Education Practices: What works? by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/digital-education-practices
Find out more at https://digital-education-practices.pinecast.co
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.